Welcome to Beth Israel Center of Madison, WI
A Traditional, Egalitarian Synagogue
Beth Israel Center is a welcoming, traditional Jewish congregation with deep roots in Madison. The nearly 300 families of Beth Israel Center represent widely diverse backgrounds yet share a belief in the importance of preserving traditional Jewish practice in a modern context. Weekly Shabbat services and lively annual celebrations of Festivals such as Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Hanukkah, Purim, Passover and Shavuot attract participants of all ages. More info: Membership, Volunteer for or sponsor a kiddush, Mission & Vision, History, Meet our Staff, Contact Us
Hebrew on One Foot - Dec. 8
Learn to read Hebrew in one day
with Rabbi Ben-Gideon. More info
* Monday night Yiddish with Sylvia
Grunes, 7pm at BIC
* Tuesday night Beit Midrash, 7pm
at BIC. In December, come on the 10th
and/or the 17th (not the 24th or the 31st).
* Weekday morning Talmud with the
Rabbi, Thursdays at 9:15. In December,
class will meet on the 5th, 12th and
* Thursday night Hebrew with Anna
Heifetz at her home. Next class is Dec. 19
(not the 5th or the 12th).
- Fridays at 5:45pm (click here for Kabbalat Shabbat initiative info)
- Saturdays at 9:30 am
- Shabbat Morning Program
Childcare for preschoolers is usually available from 10am until the end of services. Call the office, 256-7763, for details.
* Potluck Dinner @ BIC - Dec. 13
Beth Israel's first in-shul potluck dinner will
be this Friday, following Kabbalat Shabbat
services. All food must follow the kashut policy,
which includes being brought into the
building before Shabbat begins. Food may be
brought for the potluck only on Thursday
between 3:00 and 6:00pm or on Friday
between 9:00am and 3:30pm. Questions?
Email the Rabbi or
* Annual Supper Quiz - Jan. 18
This great evening out is so much fun,
you'll forget it's a fundraiser! Individuals and
groups of fewer than eight will be combined
with other contestants to form teams.
More info. RSVP HERE.
Please call ahead to ensure a minyan.
- Sundays & Civil Holidays at 8:15am
- Mondays & Thursdays at 7:00am
- Sunday evenings at 5:45pm
- Monday-Thursday evenings at 5:30pm
- Yahrzeit/Shiva minyan information
- "Jewry Duty" schedule here